Post by KE7WWT - Fort Drum, NY on Feb 28, 2016 6:12:24 GMT -7
I should properly separate into separate threads. . but he it goes:
1. I currently run a hotspot here just outside of and sometimes on Fort Drum, here in New York. Is it possible to set the Dual DV-Mega board to run BOTH VHF and UHF at the same time? I have more than a few instances where I need or want to switch from on to the other on the fly. Can DV commander make that happen?
2. I will soon run two Pi - one with the Dual DV Mega and the other with the UHF-only DV Mega Any tips for both? Also on the both Pi, I want to be able to download and run XBMC media center at the same time as running a hotspot. . . How can I make this happen?
3. Lastly (for now), I just started using the DV4-mini for DMR access - can I run that at the same time as one of the DV mega? How? More importantly, does anyone know of how to make the DMR servers/systems link up with DSTAR? Clarification: Is there a certain server or reflector on both that allows traffic to be gated to the other?
I know I ask a lot, but I figured it better to get it all out there at once. Thanks all for your help/advice in advance.
1. You can't run two bands simultaneously with the dvMega dual-band. One or the other, but DStar Commander can switch between bands on the fly. There's no separate band change command...use the FRQxxxxx command and the proper band for the specified freq will be selected.
2. No idea on the media center, never heard of it. All my Pi hotspots run dedicated for that purpose alone.
3. DMR is evil. Doubt that you can run both a dvMega and a DV4M on the same machine...anything is possible, I suppose, but you're on your own in uncharted territory with that one.