When on WiFi with my DVAP I generally have no problem getting on a Reflector and chatting away, however when I try to use my iPhone 6 Plus as a hotspot for my DVAP, I cannot connect. I configured Commander using DStarConfigure with my iPhone Hotspot as the first and preferred access point, followed by my home router. I eliminated the apostrophe from the SSID naming it 'Warrens iPhone' and entered the password. With the iPhone hotspot disabled, everything goes fine. When I enable iPhone's hotspot, DVAP starts blinking blue so I presume it is connected. Furthermore, iPhone reports I have one connection to my hotspot. When I key, I am told 'Not Connected' but if I disable my iPhone hotspot, and turn off and turn on the RPi, reverting to WiFi I'm golden.
Once again, a very noobie here , a supplicant seeking wisdom
And after upgrading the DVMEGA Bios, DStar Software and Raspberry Pi, I'm having the same problem. Things were golden on July 4th went we went out of town but since then I've made all those updates. Works great at home on WIFI or ethernet. I can VNC into the Pi and see I'm connected to IRCDDB but can't connect to any reflectors using IRCDDBREMOTE. My radio reports, "No Connected"
Well, scratch all that! I tried again after trying for 30 min and I just connected to REF014C.
Post by Mark - G0TOV on Nov 17, 2016 14:46:00 GMT -7
Hello Gentlemen, I don''t know if this will help, and this post is quite old so I suspect by now you have found and corrected your issue but just in case, on my iPhone 6S named "Mark's iPhone" it wouldn't connect. I removed the apostrophe as W1WRM did but still it did not work, so I simply renamed the phone to iPhone and it has been perfect ever since. I use a 2820 to a Ras Pi tethered via my i6s using Commander V2.01 mobile and all is good. It may help, I don''t know.
W1WRM said he removed the apostrophe from the iPhone name, so that is not the problem. I sure wish I knew what the problem was and the solution, because I am having the same problem. I am using an ID-51, with the DVAP connected to the RP3. It works fine with my home network, either directly connected to the router by Ethernet cable or wireless.
When I try to connect wirelessly to the iPhone 6+ hotspot, the notification at the top of the iPhone 6+ says 1 connection. Just like W1WRM, when I key, I see the message "not connected" on the monitor I have attached to the RP3, as well as hear that message from the ID-51.
I've disabled bluetooth on the iPhone 6+, having read that it can interfer. No change. I've reimaged 2 or 3 different SD cards with no change.
Any suggestions? By the way, what are the security and encryption protocols for the iPhone's hotspot? I am using the ones suggested as the most common by the Config App. Is that a mistake?
All suggestions welcomed - and W1WRM - if you have your system working, please post here how you did it!
I am having issues with the iPhone as well but I am not getting quite so far. I am using a RPi3 + 70cm DVAP and using the configurer program I have two w-fi's set up. I have 1 as the first preference being my home wi-fi as this would be used 90% of the time. Wi-fi 2 is set as Bobs iPhone with password but I am not 100% about what the other two settings should be. I have RSN and CCMP only because that works on the home wi-fi. I try to switch wi-fi's at home using the RF command WIFICFG2 but it stays on the Home wi-fi. I see that another member makes No1 his iPhone and No2 his home wi-fi and I wonder if that would help. The iPhone's Personal Hotspot certainly works when I connect my iPad having selected Bobs iPhone from the list of choices. On the iPhone I get the message showing it is being used and I see my data allowance reducing. I wondered if I am missing something.